Must-Have Items for Your Car’s Glove Compartment
What Paperwork Should I Keep in My Glove Box?
For some drivers, their vehicle’s glove box is a perfectly organized array of paperwork and crucial items for on the road. For others, their glove box is a moving trash can for napkins, wrappers, receipts, and more. No matter which of these two extremes you fall into, there are few must-have paperwork items you should always keep in your glove compartment. This guide from Rome Nissan is going to give you the top five crucial paperwork items you should keep in your Nissan Rogue SUV’s glove box.
Read more: Nissan’s Quiet Electric Car Technology
Why Is it Called a Glove Box?
The name “glove box” or “glove compartment” comes from the original purpose of this drop-down compartment, which was to store driving gloves.
Crucial Items to Keep In Your Car’s Glove Box
- Vehicle Registration – Car owners need to have their vehicle registration on them to prove that they have registered their vehicle with their home state and paid yearly dues as needed. When pulled over by the police you not only need to have proof of registration, but that registration also needed to be up to date.
- Proof of Insurance – Keeping a copy of your car insurance policy or proof of holding insurance is a requirement in almost all 50 states. This is crucial in case you are involved in an accident or get pulled over by the police.
- Owner’s Manual – Your vehicle is the best place to store your owner’s manual so that you always have a resource if you’re caught with vehicle trouble while out on the road. Keeping this in your glove box also ensures you never misplace it.
- Medical Information – Keeping a list of medical conditions, allergies, and medications can be crucial if you are injured in an accident and are unable to communicate these to emergency personnel. It is also a good idea to keep a list for each member of your family or those who ride in your vehicle regularly.
- Emergency Contact Numbers – Most of us have a list of emergency contacts in our phones, but it is also a good idea to keep them somewhere in your vehicle as well. This is helpful if you need to contact someone using another person’s phone or if someone needs to contact someone for you during an emergency.
Read more: Should I Trade In My Car Or Sell it Privately?
Keeping the right paperwork in your vehicles is crucial in times of need and you never know when you’ll find yourself in certain situations. It is always a good idea to double-check that you have everything you need in your vehicle’s glove compartment, especially before heading out on a long road trip.
Are you looking to get behind the wheel of a new vehicle? Head over to the Rome Nissan inventory to see what vehicles we have in stock right now.
More from Heritage Nissan:
This entry was posted
on Monday, June 29th, 2020 at 7:32 pm and is filed under FAQs.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
Published at Mon, 29 Jun 2020 19:32:39 +0000